Thursday, February 24, 2011

Classic Comments

So I just bought a pretty kick-ass rpg called Resonance of Fate. It released shortly after Final Fantasy 13, and was passed over by myself and family until now.
Unfortunately, I HATED FF13 with a passion. I will be posting a rant on that in a couple of days (or less). I was curious to see how Resonance stacked up against (shudder) FF13. I was suprised at the response. Here is some of my favorite comments on the subject.

Rihochan
Posted 2/18/2010 12:03:16 AM
Definitely ROF. To be blunt, FFXIII took all the best aspects of rpgs and Final Fantasy in general - those that FFXII hadn't already thrown out - and tossed them in the garbage heap. After playing the jp version I felt so disappointed I'd wasted my money on importing it. My last hope for Squeenix is gone. There is no value in continuing to follow them as a company. I never thought they would fall so fast either... everything they've made in the last five years has been second-rate at best, and some of their titles have been downright awful. They've been floating along on their reputation for so long, but I've finally given up on them.
Does perception=reality? I believe it to be so.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
monskey
Posted 2/26/2010 5:11:46 PM
I want to hug everyone on this board for seeing past the veil that is FF13.

I also want to point out another great JRPG coming out the same day as this. If you have a DS check out Infinite Space.

I believe the amount of customization options paralleled this game very well.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xyphas
Posted 2/28/2010 11:39:49 AM
price of a new game on launch day: $60
the responses of fanboys when u tell them thier game is average at best: priceless
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------xsubtownerx
Posted 3/4/2010 11:47:25 AM
Not to mention FFXIII will probably go down in price much faster than RoF.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nik223
Posted 3/4/2010 2:20:47 PM
Not to mention FFXIII will probably go down in price much faster than RoF.

Why's that? FFXIII is a big Square Enix title and part of an established franchise with fanbase. On the other hand, RoF is made by Tri-Ace (who?) who can only claim Star Ocean and Valkyrie profile. IIRC, Star Ocean 4 had a price drop within 3 months.

If you must get both, buy FFXIII to tide you over until RoF gets cheaper. My purchase this month is Bad Company 2, but I plan to own FFXIII and ROF sometime in the future.

*TonE*-(note, I have seen more pre-owned copies of this game within the first month then any other game besides alone in the dark. they are priced at 26.99 lol)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gandalf_of_the_Shire
collection | wishlist
Posts: 16,632
Registered: Dec '01
Date Posted: 3/13/10 7:29pm Subject: Man FF13 sucks
Just bought it today, after 3 hours of gameplay, I am going to return it to put money towards my preorder of Red Dead Redemption.

FF13: Wtf story. Shitty Dialogue, and combat sucks.


I found them entertaining...

No comments:

Post a Comment